- Based in Melbourne
- Friendly Working Environment
- Make a Difference!
Are you a qualified Dog Instructor looking for a new and exciting career opportunity in the world’s most liveable city?
If so, we are currently looking for an experienced Dog Instructor with a sound understanding of the International Guide Dog Federation Standards to join the Vision Australia team. Our office is located in Kensington, Melbourne Victoria. Recently being ranked the world's most liveable city for a sixth consecutive year, Melbourne is well renowned for its coffee, restaurants, night-life and love of sport.
Offering dog guide services to meet client’s needs, you will have;
- A qualification as an Instructor with a school recognised by the International Guide Dog Federation;
- Substantial post graduate experience as a Dog Instructor;
- Experience in training clients in the use and care of dog guide as a mobility aid;
- Experience in assessing clients and dogs, and training dogs up to matching standards;
- The ability to meet the physical demands and requirements of the role, including the ability to independently undertake long walks on a daily basis.
If this sounds like you, select the apply button below!
In your application you should address the essential job competencies as outlined in the position description. You should also consider and be able to demonstrate our organisational values which are central to our organisational culture. Successful applicants must be willing to complete a National Police Criminal History Screening and Working with Children Check.
Vision Australia supports people who are blind or have low vision to live the life they choose. We welcome applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.
Vision Australia: a career that makes a difference!